Thursday, April 26, 2012

Bruschetta

I ate this for lunch two days in a row. If I had more tomatoes then I would be having it for lunch today as well. No one else in our house likes this. (Can you believe it?? oh well more for me:) I am not ashamed to admit that I ate the entire plate... plus a few more...in one sitting. 1-2 Tomatoes diced (or you can use plum tomatoes halved or quartered) 5-6 leaves basil julienned 1-2 tsp Balsamic Vinegar couple dashes red vinegar Salt to taste 1 Tablespoon olive oil 1 Tablespoon butter 2 cloves garlic, crushed baguette sliced into thin slices. Combine tomatoes, basil, vinegar's, and salt. Let sit. Melt butter with olive oil in frying pan. Saute garlic in oil/butter mix till fragrant. Then remove and put into the tomato mixture. Place baguette slices in pan coating both sides with oil/butter mix. Let each side brown.
Remove from pan, top with tomato mix. Serve immediately. The bread gets soggy the longer it sits.

1 comment: