Sunday, January 30, 2011

Gourmet Lemonade


This was delicious. Really. No more Country Time mix for me. (Not that I have been drinking any of that lately anyways...)This recipe was adapted from one I found at Cheeky Kitchen.

Gourmet Lemonade Concentrate
3 c. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
2 3/4 c. sugar
Dash of ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond flavoring

In a saucepan mix 1 1/2 cups of the lemon juice and the sugar. No need to boil just heat until the sugar dissolves. Then add the nutmeg, vanilla and almond. You can store it in the fridge for a week.
To make the lemonade add three parts water for one part concentrate.
I also made the fun ice cubes she had on the website. I pureed strawberries and kiwis. I did not need to add any liquid to the puree.

1 comment:

  1. This was without a doubt the best lemonade I've ever tasted. It was delicious.... Laura squeezed I don't know how many lemons that had fallen into our yard from the neighbor's tree.
    Thankfully we have a couple more quarts still to drink!
    I never knew vitamin C could be so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete